1. The United States as a countercyclical asset by the irreplaceable Tyler Cowen. One of the best essays on US power I’ve read in a while.
2. Pop culture meme: From The Lonely Island featuring the stoically impressive T-Pain, I’m on a Boat.
3. Cautiously optimistic: Good news from Wells-Fargo and some positive economic indicators. Are credit markets thawing a little bit?
4. Gaffe prone Joe Biden gets rebuked by Karl Rove. Even if Biden is something of a blowhard, I have trouble believing anything Rove says. Ever.
5. Great lines from Thomas Pynchon’s novels here. Still plowing resolutely and happily through ‘Gravity’s Rainbow’.